Security Warehouse Support Forum

Vibration Detectors

Bwthyn

Hello all,

I fitted an alarm system a few years ago and put contact breakers on my windows. To save on wiring I "shared" the different wires within the 6 core cable I used between 2 zones, with a common tamper circuit, on the rear of my property. I have now had sliding sash windows fitted which have made the contacts unsuitable. I was thinking of replacing them with vibration detectors but noticed that some have LED's. I assume this means that they need a power source to operate - the same as the wiring for a PIR detector. Are non-powered vibration detectors available or will I have to rewire with 8 core in order to maintain my zone separation?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Paul

most vibration detectors are 12v devices as you note like pir's

you can get 2 wire non powered vibration devices such as

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=59&products_id=737

but these require an analyser (some panels have built in analysed zone inputs)

An analyser allows connection of these vibration units to a conventional alarm panel.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=59&products_id=2125

You can also series connect addional vibration units on the same cable. One point to remeber is as tyhe intelligence is at the analyser all devices will be set to the same sensitivity on an input.