Security Warehouse Support Forum

Visonic KP 250 No Communication

PJR2534

I have installed a Powermaster 33 along with a KP 250 Keypad. After months of no problems, the keypad display is now showing "No Communication" whenever any button is pressed. There is therefore no possibility of entering Installer Mode etc..

Is it likely that the communication failure is due to the keypad, the module inside the Powermaster control box or is it possible to reset the comms between the keypad and controller somehow?  

I would appreciate any help in resolving this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your reply.

Nothing unusual happened and nothing new has been installed locally. The environment hasn't changed as far as I can tell to cause any interference.

The alarm was set using the keypad in the morning but was displaying the "No Communication" message when trying to disarm the alarm later that afternoon. I have replaced the batteries in the keypad and power cycled the control box with the keypad adjacent to it but with the same result. The keypad initially indicates "<updating>" but then very quickly reverts back to "No Communication"