Security Warehouse Support Forum

9448+ adding a new zone

dno32

Hi, I am having part of my garage converted into a small room with access only from a outside door. I would like to add this room to my 9448+ by adding a new zone.  Can I add a door switch, movement sensor and extra keypad to this system? also I would like to set the alarm for this room at all times even when we are in, however we part set the alarm at night arming the downstairs zones. Would it be possible to part set the alarm and the new zone or will I have to manually omit the upstairs zones at night leaving the downstairs and the new room armed?

If I add it to the part set then I wont be able to set it during the day as we will be in the house. To get around this can I omit zones and then set the alarm?  i.e. during the day I omit all zones apart from the new zone 5, how would the entry/exit zone work with this?

I would rather not get a new panel, so it looks like I will just get a movement detector and add the new zone to my part set and just set it at night.  Perhaps I could get a seperate door alarm which I can set whenever we are not using the room? Can you recommend a detector and door alarm?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, The room is now ready, can you recommed a motion detector for the scantronic 9448+? I am not sure which one would be best suited.

The motion detector will face the outside door, the top half is frosted glass, would I be right to say that anyone walking past will not be picked up?

Also, I will have a couple of large fish tanks in the room, I have been told these will not set off the alarm would that be correct?

Thanks

There will be air movement from the tanks, nothing big just a small tube from the filter with bubbles coming up it.  Also a couple of the fish are quite big, about the side of a small plate (8") with this in mind would I be better off with a pet tolerant detector? either that or house the tanks out of sight under the detector.

As the system is a scantronics would you not recommend a scantronics detector?

There is nothing wrong with scantronic sensors at all. I was just providing an example. with all pro panel you can use virtually any hardwired pro sensor. There is no requirement with hardwired to use all equipment from the same manufacturer. ie not all manufactures make panels and sensors, ie optex dont make a panel as far as i know.

The air movement id expect from a fish tank would be minimal so i wouldnt worry. Unless its like a fan heater!

There shouldnt be a need for pet tolerant sensors with a fish tank as they are behind glass. I am generalising as i havnt seen your application.

James