Security Warehouse Support Forum

Hidden camera advice

littlebearded

There are plenty of covert cams available in pir's smoke detectors, junction boxes etc. But i dont know of any manufacturer that releases pir cases only.

The best thing to hide them in, are things that are already there. Just a word of warning if its commercial and it sounds like it is, be very careful how you impliment this, there are regs etc you need to comply with.

You're right he might have regulations issues, however, he's had 4 old hidden cameras for years. Its his choice really. I'm just adding 6 more cameras to his system.

What i was looking at initially was the "ESP Quest 14m PIR" http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_37&products_id=1554

Would I be able to gut that device and fit all my components inside ?

A

Id say probably not as unless your planning on taking the fresnel lens out and putting something else in its place that the cam can look through.

Are they pinhole board cameras?

Also re the regs etc, you do have a duty of care to make him aware of them etc. Just be very careful with coverts in a public place.