Security Warehouse Support Forum

Want a complete alarm (galaxy) has I selected the right stuff?

Bernt

Hi !

I want a good and simple home alarm for my little house and I think the Galaxy is well suited but there seems not no be any kits so I put down this list:

1 Honeywell Galaxy Dimension 48 LCD Kit (includes Keyprox & 4 Fob)

1 Honeywell Activ8 PIR - Single Channel 18m Quad Element Pet PIR

1 Honeywell Domonial Radio Door Contact

2 Honeywell Domonial Wireless PIR

1 Pyronix Twin Alert Internal Sounder

Question 1: do I need external power /battery backup et.c  or is it included or just optional?

Question 2: What frequency is used for the wireless stuff?

Question 3 Is there any other "cheap" wireless PIRs compatible available?

Question 4: Do you have any recommendations of other setups , other sounders et.c?

BR

Bernt

1. The panel has a PSU but you will need a battery. You need to size the battery to suit the system. The Dimension will support upto a 17A/h

2. 868MHz but the domonial RF equipment is currently only supported on the G2, not the dimension...yet

3. You can use any wireless PIR as long as you use the same brand/compatible rf reciever. THis can then be wired into a circuit.

4. I think you will need an external sounder. ALso it is more usual to use a speaker connected the panel speaker outputs.

Hi, thanks for the quick response,

If the RF for domonial is not supported, how shall I get a wireless Door Contact and PIRs?

Can you recommend a equal but compatible setup using Galaxy dimension ? Or shall I go for the Galaxy 2-20 kit which maye is good enough.

The domonial rf kit is currently IMHO the best out there for range etc. However this will only function with the G2 galaxy range via an RF portal. On the dimension you can use a radio rio, but IMHO i would avoid the old radio rio and either use a standalone reciever and pir or use a G2.

if using standalone you could use a

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=68&products_id=2126

then you could use a visonic wireless pir with that. there is also an 8 channel version.

Thanks for the fast and accurate shipping!

Now Im in the installing phase and everything is going fine and fast but now I start thinkin 'bout programming.

I got the user manual but do I need a programming manual to program telephone numbers to be called at alarms?

Shall I preferable use the serialport or the keypad to configure and program the kit?

BR

• 1 month later...