Security Warehouse Support Forum

Cable Between Honeywell Galaxy Flex 50 Panel And Gsm/gprs Module

Tomas74

Hi,

I have a problem with a missing cable. It is the cable between the panel and the GPS/GPRS module.

It seems impossible to buy the cable in Sweden. So I have purchased components to make my own cable. But when I looked in the (Swedish) instruction manual it looks like the wires are connected cross-over. (see attached files)

Can someone please confirm how the wires should be connected? straight (Example 1 in the attached file) or crossed (Example 2 in the attached file)?? 

post-88860-0-16047900-1490790452_thumb.jpg

post-88860-0-39628600-1490790468_thumb.jpg

I just received this answer from Honeywell technical support:

"The cabling is as follows on the GSM connector pins on the panel,  : +12 / 0 / D / C from left to right. The cable is straight, so on the GSM module the order is the same. Make sure you position the module correctly."

I find this all a bit confusing. Does anyone have a photo of the original cable?

What would happen if the cable is connected wrongly, will the GSM module be destroyed?

I have attached a photo of my homemade cable. 

post-88860-0-28540300-1490956989_thumb.jpg

Honeywell support is't very helpful for making the cable. Yes, the +12V is on the left on the GSM module and on the board, but the orientation of the connectors is different, so it's a crossover as far as connector polarity goes.

Regards,

stuart@selfmon.co.uk

flex_gsm_cable.png

• 2 months later...