Security Warehouse Support Forum

Question about bell box, ADE Accenta and PIR

Mike

Could you give advice?  

1. 1. Could you give advice?

• ?
    • ??

I am almost there.. a few questions left. I am looking for a down to earth intruder alarm system for my house. My electrician will fit it. I think this ADE accenta will do.

I am looking for a small external sounder. Is the Eurosec XS3D a good option? I would like to order the one with the orange bottom, so which items do I have to order?

As I want to add a speech dialler in the future is it right that the only one ADE panel which supports this function is the ADE accenta metal Gen4? Or does the other models this as well?

Which battery should go with this metal ADE accenta?

My electrician wired 4 core wires to the PIRs. Is that OK for standard PIRs?

If so what would you recommend as a stylish, small (cheap) PIR which is reliable?

I need a few magnetic contacts. Do you have them in brown?

Thx

Mike

I am looking for a small external sounder. Is the Eurosec XS3D a good option? I would like to order the one with the orange bottom, so which items do I have to order?

Im not sure that risco make an orange lens, maybe its the red unit. If so you need a red backplate (XS3D) and an XS3D cover.

As I want to add a speech dialler in the future is it right that the only one ADE panel which supports this function is the ADE accenta metal Gen4? Or does the other models this as well?

The accenta's all support multiple outputs. ie you can trigger fire, pa, intruder on your dialler seperatly with the accenta. However the optima does not have these outputs. But you can wire the dialler trigger from the sounder output. This is fine if all you want to do is trigger the dialler everytime the sounder activates.

Which battery should go with this metal ADE accenta?

Depends. You need to size the battery depending on the standby time required and system load. The compact units (optima and accenta) will only accept a 2.1-2.3 A/h battery. The Poly and metal versions will accept upto a 7A/h battery

My electrician wired 4 core wires to the PIRs. Is that OK for standard PIRs?

Not really. You need 6 cores for PIR's on a double pole panel such as the accenta / optima. You need a pair for power, a pair for alarm and a pair for tamper. While the system will function without a tamper circuit its not advisable as your detectors will not be protected when the alarm is disarmed.

If so what would you recommend as a stylish, small (cheap) PIR which is reliable?

I have honeywell IS215's in my own house, does that help?

I need a few magnetic contacts. Do you have them in brown?

Yes

Tech Support