Security Warehouse Support Forum

Menvier SD2 SPEECH DIALLER

b_bears

Hi,

Is it possible for you to email me your address, I have had a response from Coopers with how to make the dailler work and I think it would be eaiser for you to have it emailed over incase there is any PDF's, for you to look at, hope this is of help to you

Regards

Elaine

Hi

Here is a copy of the info you needed, hope this is of help

While the SD2 is not tested or approved for use outside of Europe I believe the unit will operate satisfactorily in North America.

The unit uses screw terminals for all external connections.

The major differences between the networks would be:

The ring voltage of 90V - this should be sufficient for detection. Also this is only an issue if you intend to use the remote access features. I suspect the majority of users only use the unit in dial out mode.

Network impedance - 600 Ohm network may cause DTMF signalling to fall out of regulatory limits but the unit will still operate.

Call progress tones - American ring tone cadence at 2 seconds on / 5 seconds off is longer than UK and much of Europe and may result in the unit replaying its message before the call is answered or to hang-up the call without replaying any message.

SMS text messaging - this feature is unlikely to operate in North America due to limited message format / protocol options provided in the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update in case anybody else here in North America is thinking of getting one of these units. Finally received the device from newark.ca. Works out of the box in the North america pstn other than making up your own RJ-11 phone cord. Then hooked it up to an Linksys pAP2t and adjusted the settings to match those of the UK phone system. I am accesiing the unit through the internet via a DID and it does work fine both for incoming and outgoing connections. The only thing that does not work is the SMS notification. I was aware of this when I bought the unit.

Only complaint that I have is on the 2 way audio feature the volume is low to the unit from the PSTN to the SD2. The units speaker just does not have enough gain. If anybody knows the output impedance of the speaker circuit please advise as I would like to connect an external speaker via an amplifier to increase the volume. Seems I have not found anything in the menu system to increase the volume. The microphone in the SD2 has plenty of gain.

• 2 weeks later...