Security Warehouse Support Forum

CCTV Design Advice

Guest AndrewJ

Guest AndrewJ

I called today and all your lines were busy. I am looking for a device to record someone who is damaging my customers property including a car which is parked outside their house. This device needs to operate in partial darkness. The image has to be good so that the police will arrest and a jury will be satisfied to convict. I can of course provide more info if required.

Andy

There is a few points to consider.

You need to decide on a recorder or dvr. You can use a geovision card and add it to a pc, or use standalone dvr.

Camera choice will depend on budget and image quality expected.

Obviously you cannot compare directly the budget cameras to panasonic etc branded cameras.

If you select a camera that is a true day night or mono it will function with infra red lighting. Some of the budget cameras include built in infra red leds, this work over a limited range and depend on your site. A camera such as

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2_20&products_id=1483

will provide colour images during the day and mono images during the night. It also has an array of IR emitters to provide some lighting. The LED's will provide a dull red glow, but provide no visible light.

I have attached a document from pembroke council that outlines a few operational requirements