Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] I-On 40 Garage Protection?

Secware

I ordered a Scantronic I-ON 40 from yourselves  and I would like to protect my integral garage. Can you let me know whether an additional Scantronic EXCELR 12m Wireless PIR (XCELR) would suffice? Or should I consider an alternative trigger for the garage?

Also, can you let me know which remote keyfobs work with the I-ON 40? I ordered a Scantronic I-FB01 Remote set/unset Keyring Fob (I-FB01) as part of my original order which does not appear to be compatible

In your environment i probably wouldnt of recommended a scantronic unit but anyway.

I wouldnt recommend a pir in a garage due to drafts, spiders etc. You would need a dualtec. However scantronic dont make a wireless dt. I would suggest you use door contacts instead.

Hi
Whether it is suitable for the Garage would depend a sufficient radio signal being received by the panel from the detector ,the xcelr being able to cover the area being protected and there not being any conditions in the garage that might cause false alarms (e.g heat sources or drafts)

On the radio Scantronic would recommend the following checks are done
1) We would recommend a radio site survey is conducted to make sure the garage is suitable for radio and you have a signal strength of at least 4 on that detector at the panel.
2) Make sure there is not materials that might block the signal (e.g large metal objects) by the transmitter and the panel or between the two (metal will block or reflect radio signals)
3) Make sure there is nothing that will cause radio interference at the panel (e.g high voltage or other radio transmitters (e.g wireless routers or GSM transmitters) within 1 Metre of the panel)
4) Follow the advice given in the enclosed "guidance notes for wireless alarm system installation" manual

Also follow the advice given in the Xcelr installation manual.

The i-fb01 is compatible with the ion 40.

When it is learnt on it must be learnt to a user in the user menu. It can either be learnt on when adding a new user when the display shows "Press button to identify Remote" (I enclose a guide on adding a new user) or it can be added to a existing user. Also ensure when the remote is learnt to the panel or used with the panel you press the remote key for about 1 second until the red transmit LED flashes.