Security Warehouse Support Forum

see through glass sensor

truckdoctor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi eveyone , i have a question for all you experts i can't find an answer to.

What motion detector can i use as a switch to operate a device iv'e made in a shop window that detects passers by on the other side of the glass . Iv'e made it with a PIR and all was working well in the workshop and didn't realise that PIR's don't work through glass. Any idea what other sensors i could use? possibly microwave where can i purchase as ive only seen dual PIR and microwave combined

Help please. 

Yes , could use a PIR with a radio link but don't want any-thing hard wired or fixed out side the shop if possible as it's only temporary and needs to be moved to a different shop after a few weeks  .

Would it be possible to open a combined PIR and microwave sensor and use the electronics of the micowave section only to switch a timer circuit ?

might be possible on an old one, but the new one are a re a bit advanced to be modified much and continue to work.

You might be bale to use a modern one and remove the pyro, this would fool the unit into thinking the pir was not functioning and work with its only remaining technology. However I have never done this.

James