Security Warehouse Support Forum

Recommendation for wireless domestic installation?

adamw

Hi -

I am planning a wireless domestic alarm installation for my home:

2 x PIR detector

1 x Dual tech (PIR & MW) detector*

2 x door contact sensors

1 x shock sensor*

1 x contact & shock sensor*

1 x control panel

1 x remote keypad

3 x RF key fob controls

1 x voice dialler (perhaps SMS support too)

1 x external sounder (can be wired)

1 x external sounder decoy

I have read good reviews of Texecom equipment for reliability, price and ease of installation and was hoping to build the system using their products, by siting a RadioPlus Intelligent Receiver centrally and running a wire to a Premier control panel in a cupboard downstairs. However, I don't think that Texecom offer wireless versions of the 3 detectors marked with * above. Is it advisable to mix different manufacturers' detectors in a wireless installation? If not, this will constrain my choice of manufacturer.

What other components and manufacturers would you recommend?

Thanks.

Adam.

adam

YOu need to stay with the same brand with wireless, ie only a texecom receiver can recieve texecom signals etc.

Id have a look at the scantronic homelink 55, or the risco 595 with a wireless expander as they have the peripherals you require.

Support

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to go with an all Texecom system; Texecom tell me that they will offer a wireless impact sensor soon.

So I plan to get:

5 x RadioPlus PIR, 4 x RadioPlus Magnetic Contact, RadioPlus Network Receiver, RadioPlus key fob

Premier 24 control panel, 12V/7.2A battery, Key Pad, Speech/Text Dialler

USB-com, WinTex s/w

Odyssey 5E backplate, Odyssey 5 Cover

Odyssey 5 dummy backplate (battery powered LED), Odyssey 5 Cover

100m 6-core screened cable

I have a few questions:

1. I understand that I can connect the RadioPlus Network Receiver to the Premier 24 control panel with 4-core cable; do I need an expander module for the control panel to do this?

2. Is this the Premier 24 in polycarb cover? http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=41&products_id=370

The picture and text look more like one of the Premier International control panels.

3. Is this battery http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=41&products_id=357 suitable for the Premier 24 control panel and does it fit inside polycarb-case panel or only inside metal-case panel?

4. Does the Odyssey 5E backplate come with backup battery? If not, which would you recommend?

5. When would you recommend the Odyssey 5 over the Odyssey 5E?

6. Do you stock the Odyssey 5 dummy backplate that has a battery powered flashing LED?

Thanks for your help.

Adam.

1. The 24 is a slimmed own version, id advise you use a 48 as a minimum. A lot of functional;ity is removed form the 24.

On the 48 you can connect the network reciever onto the bus. YOu do not need an additional interface. However (working from memory here) the 24 wont accept the network reciever.

2. Yes

3. Yes and Yes, however texecom no longer import batteries and our stock has been exhausted. Have a look at one of the other 7A/h

4. Yes

5. Most cases. The E is an economy version and quieter

6. No, no-one makes a backplate with a battery powered led built in.

Support

Hi -

For reasons of space I need to get the Premier 24 with the polycarb cover; it's quite a lot smaller than the Premier 48 panel. I spoke to Texecom and they confirmed that the Radio Plus Network/Intelligent receivers *will* work with the Premier 24 - good news for me!

Re battery:

will this one http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1340

fit in the Premier 24 polycarb case http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=41&products_id=370

or do i need to go for a smaller battery?

Thanks for all your help.

Adam.