Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Sd3 Issue?

Secware

I purchased a SD 3 dialler off you approximately 3 years ago. It has recently stopped dialling out when the alarm has been activated. I checked the Sim card in a mobile phone and I was able to make calls from the phone, to double check I also bought a new sim card which again worked in my mobile phone but would not dial out from the SD 3. In the LCD display , next to the temperature there is a small box with a letter T in it. The sim card I use is a Tesco pay as you go, signal strength is the same as usual. I have tried to do a test call from the dialler and it failed with the message call error. When I have dialled in remotely the sim goes straight to answer phone , I was able to dial in previously. Could you please advise me what could be the cause of this,

A "T" in the display indicates there is a Text Message waiting to be read in the Text Inbox (To read these go into the menu Messages-Inbox-View Messages)

Check the GSM signal strength of the unit (In the menu Test Options-GSM Phone Utilities-Signal Strength) in the unit to make sure it is not showing not

registered (if it is put the SD3 on a 12V battery and take the SD3 into a good signal strength area for it to register). If it is showing a signal strength

we recommend this is 4 or more (a signal strength of 4 is represented by 4 dots). If you have a low signal strength were you have put the unit try moving the

SD3/the antenna to a position of better signal strength, ensure the antenna hasn't been damaged or modified in any way (e.g you cannot cut or extend the antenna

lead),the unit is not near anything that might cause radio interference (e.g high voltage or another radio transmitter within 1M of the SD3).

If the above is ok when you dial into the unit check the options in System Options-Remote Options (remote access should be set to ON, the number of rings should

be set to the number of rings you want to unit to answer after and if the SD3 is being used on a shared PSTN line (this option will not be needed if you are just

dialling the GSM sim number of the SD3 for remote access) where something might answer before the SD3 the answer on 1 ring should be ON.

If you are still getting problems email back with The software version of the SD3 (check this in the menu Test Options-Software version)

What is being show in the signal strength menu (e.g "not registered" or the number of dots it is showing)

What is the line priority programmed as (check this in the menu System Options-Line Priority)

Are you sending Voice or TXT messages or both?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply,I tried to remove the T as described. However when i go to view messages a 01) is on the display then nothing happens, when I then try to delete message - please wait appears for a long time and then I have to press enter to confirm. The T is still however showing on the display. The model version is 3.4, dated March 23 2010.

Could this t be the cause of the alarm being unable to dial out ?

Check the log to see if the time and date of the alarm event is there. If it is, then this would suggest the dialler is at fault for not sending the message. If there is no alarm event shown, then the dialler was not triggered from its source.

Also check whether there are ‘signal strength low’ or ‘supply low’ error messages in the log which would have an effect on the signalling of messages.

Finally, you should be able to read the message inbox straight away without having to wait some time. It may well be worth defaulting the unit and trying again and/or “bench test” the dialler, or try it at a different site, on a different power supply, to see how it reacts.

We are not aware of any known issues for the SD3 diallers. For the dialler to be behaving this way, would indicate either a problem with the site, the GSM provider, a problem with the device(s) activating it, or maybe just a faulty unit. If after trying all of the above, the dialler still does not function correctly, then you may have a faulty unit.