Security Warehouse Support Forum

Received Powermaster-10 Version 12

Morten

Hi,

I have received an old firmware version of the PowerMaster-10 panel, so currently I'm not able to install a working intruder alarm due to failed enrollment of MC-302E PG2 (magnetic contant) and KP-160 (Keyprox panel). "Unknown dev. type" is shown in the Powermaster-10 display. I have create a ticket in your support center, but haven't received a reply for a while... ticket id:#

Please update me on the issue.

Thanks!

Regards Morten

• Like 1

I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately there has been a hardware change between version 12 and 13 so according to Visonic you can't just do a firmware upgrade.

The latest firmware is 14 but "We are now looking at releasing version 15 due to some issues with the KP-160 entry/exit beep timing. "

But from release 13 and up its just firmware changes.

After 1 week of trying to get help from Securitywarehouse I finally received a message telling me that my ticket now was forwarded to their Returns department.

I hope they will get back to me soon so that the unit can be replaced.

ticket ID#882058

Regards

Mikael

Hi Mikael,

I also received a reply to my ticket today, stating the exact same (I'll be contacted by the Returns department). When I once receive a version 13 or later, I was hoping that I should not start out with a firmware upgrade - as I can't seem to find any firmware upgrade procedures mentioned in the Installer manual (or elsewhere). Do you know how to upgrade the firmware ?

Btw. are you from DK ?

Regards,

Morten

Sorry I dont know if you can upgrade the firmware by yourself, but I doubt it.

I have seen remote firmware upgrade mentioned somewhere but I think that was a "future function"

I am from SE

Regards

Mikael

Hej Mikael,

Jeg ha også kun fået en ny status opdatering, som sagde at de var ved at undersøge nærmere med Visonic - eftersom de havde sendt hele deres powermaster lager tilbage til Visonic.

Skal nok skrive hvis jeg hører nyt.

Mvh Morten

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have now received my Visonic Powermaster 10 replacement panel and everything works just fine. Thank you.

But I would like you to contact Visonic and ask them if they have changed anything in the new release in the way the panel communicates with the IPMP-server.

When I try the panel with firmware release 12 everything works ok, and I get alarm messages mailed to me via the IPMP-server.

But the new panel with release 15, and same settings, gets "denied by server".

Does the Powermanage server needs to be upgraded? Or is it some new setting I am missing in the Powermaster panel?