Security Warehouse Support Forum

Equipment for new domestic system

puzzled

I have to purchase the following equipment for a new house which already has cabling installed for an alarm system.

6 x Dual-tech PIRs (because of the geometry of the rooms some of these will be facing a window, which I can do nothing about)

1 x Door contact

1 x 8+ Control panel

1 x Keypad

2 x Internal sounders

1 x External sounder

1 x Bell box

Plus anything else that will be required that I've not mentioned.

I have identified the following:-

PIRs - Scantronic 460; Honeywell Intellisense DT7550A & Eurosec V40DT

Control panels (& keypads) - Scantronic 9651EN-43 & ADE Accenta MetalGen4 with LCD keypad (8SP419A)

Are you able to:-

1)say which of these are compatible

2)say what in your view is the best combination OR

3)suggest a better combination at a similar price

4)suggest door contacts, sounders & bell boxes that I've been unable to identify.

puzzled

1) All are compatible

2) 7550's and either panel. The gen4 is easier to program but both panels are similar

3) not really

4) door contacts, just use the simple sc517 surface or flush etc. SOunder use a 16 Ohm speaker, sounder use a texecom odyssey 3.

Support

Thank you very much for the reply. I have just a few more questions:-

1) When you say the ADE is easier to program, is that with regard to the user or the installer?

2) Do the control panels come with a battery or do I need to purchase one separately? (If I do I believe a rechargeable 7ah battery would be the best option for either panel, is that correct?)

3) Do both PIRs come with corner mounting brackets?

4) If I were to opt for a control panel with a greater zone range for possible future expansion, are you able to suggest 1 or 2 that would be compatible with either PIR?

Many thanks,

not-quite-so-puzzled

1. Both IMO

2. No you will need to size the battery for the system. Or as you say just use a 7A/h

3. No, pro pirs have moulded backplates to allow corner or wall mounting. Brackets are ill advised as a rule as it allows easy tampering or chnage of coverage without an alarm.

4. if you want a more flexiblke panel id look at the texecom premier. There are others, such as the galaxy etc that are more powerful but the manuals with any texecom product are excellent.

Support

Thanks for all the help so far. I've now taken delivery of the 7550A's and note that the installation instructions give a fixing height of 2.3m, because of the limited height of my ceilings I can only install at 2.1m. Will this be ok?

Also I ordered 2 Secware 16ohm internal speakers, in one of these the actual speaker was not fixed to the casing but floating around within the casing, can you advise whether this will need replacing and if so who to contact.

Many thanks.