Security Warehouse Support Forum

VCR Replacement for camera system

Geoff_Ott

Our community hall has a CCTV system based around a Mitsubishi 1024E time lapse recorder which is 7 years old. We are experiencing tape drive problems

and wonder if the recorder has reached the end of its useful life.

I note that the Vista VVRL-27 is listed as a replacement.

Can you tell me if the changeover to the Vista is a simple exercise?

Can you also advise me if a more up-to-date recorder using DVD technology is available?

Many thanks and best wishes for 2008.

Our community hall has a CCTV system based around a Mitsubishi 1024E time lapse recorder which is 7 years old. We are experiencing tape drive problems

and wonder if the recorder has reached the end of its useful life.

I note that the Vista VVRL-27 is listed as a replacement.

Can you tell me if the changeover to the Vista is a simple exercise?

Can you also advise me if a more up-to-date recorder using DVD technology is available?

Many thanks and best wishes for 2008.

Geoff

While changing VCR's is not a difficult task Id still advise you contact an engineer or your installer.

There were a few digital vcr replacements (ie the vista solo etc) but these have been phased out now due to lack of demand, as most vhs based systems have either been replaced with digital, or continuing for whatever reason with analogue. Also the cost now of multi input dvr's has dropped considerably.

DVD's were never really used for security due to the very short recording time and the technology not being as flexible as tape. Hard disk based Digital Video Recorders have taken over now. Id advise you have a look at the DM or DM ECO range of recorders.