Security Warehouse Support Forum

Axis 233D with IR and Speakers

croninr

Hi,

I am planning on installing three Axis 233D PTZs on poles to monitor a private driveway.  I will be using Milestone XProtect to record the cameras permanently, but I'd like to add an IR detector to trigger an alarm in Milestone when motion is detected. 

I'd also like to connect a loudspeaker up to each camera so the monitoring station can give an audio warning.

All the kit will be mounted 5m+ up lighting poles, with an IP66 enclosure just below the kit to hold a UPS and data switches etc.

I'm leaning towards using Optrex LRP4010S IR detectors, and Bosch 35W Horn loudspeakers.  Do I need an amplifiers between the Line out of the Axis 233D and the loudspeaker, or is there another externally rated loudspeaker that would work as well?

What other parts will I need to make this work?  I assume I need an Optrex 'Walker' to adjust the IR.

Thanks

Richard Cronin

Corninr

You will need a power amp from the lineout of the camera.

But id of assumed that the arc would be communicating with the server so the audio will be from that, not the camera?

A standard PA amplifier can be used and you will need horns to suit. BUt the voltage on the speaker side is 100v, so you can only use 100v line speakers. ie the bosch.

YOu can use the walktest unit if you need 1 man setup but if there are 2 people you can setup with one watching the internal led, while the other walks the range.

Support

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.  The plan was that the audio would go through the Axis 233D camera - so I'd need to hook the line out from the camera into a PA amplifier.  There will only one input going into the amplifier, with one output going to a loudspeaker.  What amplifier would you recommend?  I'll have to install three amplifiers, one per pole, and it will have to be compact enough to fit into an IP66 box thats pole mounted.  The IP66 box is sealed, naturally, so I'll need an amplifier that does not generate much heat!

Would I be better using an speaker with built in amp, thats IP66 rated?

Thanks

Richard