Security Warehouse Support Forum

Extend alarm into garage

Lakes_Puma

I have an Accenta G3 alarm with two unused zones and would like to extend the alarm into my garage with is inbuilt.

There is a single wall (thermal block) between the garage and the location of the alarm panel.

I would like to fit a door sensor and a PIR and also fit a very loud sounder in the garage.

I have some basic door contact switches and have been looking at one of the 4 way 'sound bomb' sounders.

Would these be suitable? what PIR type would I need there are no appliances in the garage.

Also is there a cage available for the sounder as I wouldn't want someone to be able to just whack it with a broom handle to silence it?

Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have wooden doors, basic contacts will suffice, but if metal doors the magnet is weakened by the metal door so you need to fit a contact with a stronger magnet. You may consider fitting a roller shutter contact which screws to the concrete floor and the large magnet to the door. You will need an 8 way junction box to make the connections. I would reccommend a dual technology sensor in the garage such as an Intellisense 7550.

The 4 way sound bomb has no tamper protection but you can protect it with a Voltek 1825 wire guard.

Really sorry forgive my ignorance, but what do I need a junction box for, I thought I would just run 3 runs of alarm wire through the wall to the alarm panel and wire them into the two free zones and in parallel with the external sounder for the sound bomb?