Security Warehouse Support Forum

A complex installation with outdoor pre-alarm

chfn

I am looking to find the best option for a complex installation. Any expert recommandation on any of the following issues would be very helpfull and highly rewarded!

- the system should accomodate wireless outdoor detectors incl. cameras for video/or image transmission to a surveillance company.

- the system should be able to accomodate both wireless and wired connections with about 30 wireless units to be connected and be secured against external perturbation and shall be able to trigger a silent alarm in case of outdoor detection (incl. video or transmission to the surveillance company) and a normal alarm in case of indoor intrusion detection (also with indoor video or image transmission to the surveillance company), all without having to activate manually two different alarm systems every time I want to leave the house...

- the outdoor detectors shall integrate some immunity features (is the watchout from Risco the best option? is the RSI outdorr PIR/camera system appropriate ?)...

- the indoor PIR detectors shall be equipped with immunity and safety features against ombrella masking... (the risco WatchIn seems to be taking this into account but are other options available or better e.g. texecom)?

- the system shall also include speakers/microphones for the surveillance company to be able to listen and communicate during an alarm.

- all components have to be compatible (869MHz) with the main unit.

I know it may seem a little complex, but if anyone has a proposal it would represent an interesting challenge for any intruder... which is of course the objective of this installation isn't it ?

Thanks a lot to all experts providing some help to those issues, which may also be of interest to others...

- the system should accomodate wireless outdoor detectors incl. cameras for video/or image transmission to a surveillance company.

Do you mean wireless images as well?

the system should be able to accomodate both wireless and wired connections with about 30 wireless units to be connected and be secured against external perturbation and shall be able to trigger a silent alarm in case of outdoor detection (incl. video or transmission to the surveillance company) and a normal alarm in case of indoor intrusion detection (also with indoor video or image transmission to the surveillance company), all without having to activate manually two different alarm systems every time I want to leave the house...

This can be very expenisve to achieve, but you need to know what recievers your monitoring station have, this will then dictate what tranmitters you need.

the outdoor detectors shall integrate some immunity features (is the watchout from Risco the best option? is the RSI outdorr PIR/camera system appropriate ?)...

That is not a wireless unit, but i dont understand...immunity from what?

- the indoor PIR detectors shall be equipped with immunity and safety features against ombrella masking... (the risco WatchIn seems to be taking this into account but are other options available or better e.g. texecom)?

Any Grade 3 detector would provide mask detection.

- the system shall also include speakers/microphones for the surveillance company to be able to listen and communicate during an alarm.

again this depends on your transmitter, you would usually connect the transmitter to an external amplifier and horn speakers, ie a PA system. Microphones are harder to achieve as it depends on the environment.

- all components have to be compatible (869MHz) with the main unit.

I think your planning on getting a panel that does all this built in? If thats the case then you cant. All systems like this are built from components, ie control panel, rf reciever, cctv transmitter, sensors, amplifiers etc etc.

Support

Thanks a lot. Yes I mean wireless transmission of video or images (such as provided by rsivideotech.com).

I am currently thinking about using the Risco system (Rokonet "agility" wireless system) which seems to be able to accomodate both wireless and cable connection. They also seem to have a wireless image transmission system (WatchIn and WatchOut)...

The immunity I am looking for is false alarms do to "non human" detection (moving trees, small animals etc...). Again the Risco system seems to provide with some correlation algorithms to prevent false alams. Do you have any experience and/or recommandation?

Is a grade 3 detector also able to detect an intruder with IR screen (such as an umbrella)? Some PIR seem to be equipped with MW and IR detection for that purpose. Any advice would be helpfull...

Thanks in advance.

You can transmit images wirelessly but the bottom end stuff tends not to work and the proper stuff is expensive.

Depends on the site and the risk really.

Yes the agility can, but the watchin and watchout are movement senors designed for inside or outside use.

Yes the watchouts (Dualtec varient) can do this.

re grade 3 yes, some use IR to detect immediatly in front of the lens others use mw to detect in a bubble.