Security Warehouse Support Forum

Updating my existing system

pete5996

Hi,

My existing system, which is about 15 years old, has become increasingly unreliable and I am now looking to replace the control panel, PIR's and external sounder. I am content with the current layout (four zones with door/window contacts and PAB's as well as PIR's) and the 6-wire cabling and other hardware is in good order. I would like the option of an auto-dialler to provide keyholder/mobile phone contact.

I am considering the following items:

Control Panel:  ADE Optima Compact Gen4 with Enersys 12v 2.1 A/h Battery

PIR:                3 x Scantronic 430 Passive Detector Pet Tolerant

Sounder:        Ventcroft Compact Classic Sounder c/w Cover

Autodialler:      Honeywell ADE Informa Speech Dialler

Just three questions, please:

1.  Do you consider these items compatible and suitable for such a project?

2.  Does the ADE Optima include a mains transformer or is this an additional item?

3.  Does the external sounder require a separate battery or is backup power supplied from the control panel battery?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Pete

Hi Secware, thanks for quick response. Pet is a Dalmatian - about 25kg, so presumably your suggestion is for the Blue Line Tri Tech sensor rather than the basic one, based on the dog's weight. Do the Bosch sensors offer significant advantages over the Scantronic? I'm conscious of price so if the Scantronic PIR's do the trick, I'd be happy with them.

Lee1, thanks but I'm trying to keep to a budget and going wireless would be a bit more than I have. Besides, I might as well use the existing wiring!

Pete

Hi ,

I can see the sense in having an integrated dialler, although in my case, a separate unit would make wiring a bit easier. If I can convince SWMBO that she doesn't really need the dialler option, would the ADE Optima with tritech PIR's fulfill my requirements, please?

Your unswerving patience is appreciated :)

Pete

Pete

The CPX will accept any battery upto 7A/h YOu need to size it on the system size. Most people however just use a 7A/h battery always. The only panel that needs care are the compact units (ie the honeywell optima/accenta and the veritas) which will only take a 2.1A/h.

But yes if you dont want the dialler then an optima (with a 2.1A/h) and the tritechs will be fine.

Support

Hi,

The Eurosec CPX has arrived and has been fitted - that was the easy bit! Programming it is another matter. The Quick-Start instructions for programming are hardly intuitive. The instruction sheet states that the CPX Control Panel Step by Step Programming Guide is available from the Gardtec website. I cannot find that document there and the installation manual (which has been requested through your tech dept) is login-protected. Are they one and the same?

If not, are you able to provide a link for the Programming Guide, please?

Pete

Hi,

Some advice, please? On testing the system, I am getting a bell tamper alarm. The panel is Eurosec CPX, the sounder is a Ventcroft Compact Classic.

The standard is EN2.

The Ventcroft manual does not specifically mention the connections for the Eurosec system so I have figured them out as follows:

Panel                          Sounder

Strobe-                        STB-

Strobe/Bell+                  Hold+

Bell-                            Off-

Bell Hold                        RTN-

SAB Tmpr                      TRG-

If these are incorrect, could you correct me, please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Pete

No thats wrong.

see below

Panel                          Sounder

Strobe-                        STB-

Strobe/Bell+                  Hold+

Bell-                            TRG-

Bell Hold                        Off-

SAB Tmpr                      RTN-