Security Warehouse Support Forum

Eurosec CPX - blank keypad display

Scooby7

Is it possible for the main board to become wiped??

The alarm has been installed and was working fine for 2 years until a kitchen refit company decided to cut through three of the cables. (the cable between the control unit and the key pad was NOT cut)

I've reconnected the cut cables, and initially the display read "Fuse/Bat Fault" - sure enough the Aux1 fuse had blown so I've replaced this.

Now the remote keypad will light up when you power on, but there is no text on the display.

I've checked the 3 fuses again, and that there is power to the PCB (17v) and that the power is reaching the keypad (12v)

Any ideas on what else to try??

Could a wiring fault cause the display to blank?? - ie is it worth disconnecting everything (I really don't want to!) to see if that clears the fault??

All advice appreciated, otherwise I guess the board has to go back for reprogramming??

i think it is the panel iv had a very similar problem before when cables were cut if all power is disconnected from the panel and it still measures 17 v this will confirm a faulty panel. charge the dimwit who cut ur cables lol good luck

I wasn't too bothered by the 17V because I know the bell box has been without power for a week, and by the size of it it could house a truck battery, so I just thought it was drawing extra to charge up the battery in the bell box.

I think it's stuffed - the display shows nothing (just the green backlight is on) and none of the keys register either an entry or a bleep when you press them.

I've also stripped out all the cables and run a new short cable from the pannel to the keypad and it still won't boot up so I think the next step is to replace the PCBs