Security Warehouse Support Forum

Grade 2 System CP and PIR Selection

andrew h

I am looking at the few control panels and have a few queries which I hope you can assist with. Install is for detached 5 bed house.

Suggestions are:

- Texecom Veritas R8 Plus

- Scantronic 9651EN

- Pyronix Sterling 10

1. Believe all are grade 2 but not entirely clear. Is this correct?

2. All seem to be 8 zone but with the Sterling it has an additional dedicated PA zone. I am correct that on the others would need to allocate 1 of 8 zones for PA?

3. Last install a few years back was a Pyronix Paragon which we had no problems with. Is the new Sterling of similar quality to the Scantronic and Texecom which seem to be a lot more popular?

4. Assume all have internal sounder in RKP for entry/exit sounding.

On the PIRs trying to decide between Pyronix ME Q Blue, Scantronic 420, Texecom Prestige IR and Texecom PCI001. Pets are not a concern but two rooms have patio doors with PIRs facing towards adjacent corner but positioned so as direct reflections should be avoided.

Are these PIRs all much the same and classed as good/high end for domestic installs?

Finally struggling to tell the difference between the Texecom PCI001 and Prestige IR, or are they one and the same?

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated so that I can finalise what I need to order and then get on with the install pre-Christmas.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...