Security Warehouse Support Forum

Scantronic 9561UK vs 9561EN

IamGullible

Hello

I'm hoping to replace my existing intruder alarm panel with the Scantronic 9561 series panel. I do see that securitywarehouse is selling both the EN, and UK models of 9561. Now I know that 9561EN is a grade 2 alarm, and that 9561UK is ungraded. Are there any other differences in the two?

Basically my question boils down to: Which one of the two should I go for, considering the fact that its going to be DIY installation, so do I need the EN model?

Is the UK model flushed with older software in comparison to the EN model?

Why is the 9561UK slightly more expensive than the 9561EU, even though the EU model is graded, whereas the UK model is not?

Thanks

The Uk model is an older software version and some of the options are different.

Many people (non approved installers) prefer the UK version as its more end user friendly in operation (ie EN regs have stringent requirments for acknowledging events etc)

The eu model is the new one and technically the one we would advise.

The Uk model is an older software version and some of the options are different.

Many people (non approved installers) prefer the UK version as its more end user friendly in operation (ie EN regs have stringent requirments for acknowledging events etc)

The eu model is the new one and technically the one we would advise.

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In my case, since I am the installer and also the end user ;), would you say that 9561UK would be a better bet?