Security Warehouse Support Forum

Advice on domestic installation.....

jonnyg2k5

I am currently installing an alarm/fire system in my home and have a few questions someone may kindly answer:

1. Does the Eurosec CPX have a built in dialer to call in the event of an alarm (so all I do is add a bt line) and if so does it tell you what the alarm is i.e zone, fire, intruder etc.

2. What type of cable should I use for the smoke heat detecors - normal alarm cable?

3. What smoke heat detecors are compatable with the Eurosec CPX?

4. The alarm unit will be mounted in a seperate room only accesable from outside (it's a outside utility room) although the utility room is secure would it be better to have the main unit within the house?

5. Finally, can you use the keyfobs with the Eurosec CPX and how do they work/what benefit are they?

If you can answer any of the q's i would be greatfull.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the eurosec cpx is a good panel 2 use.I would put the panel in the house eg loft, airing cupboard run the s.a.b outside and put the keypad somewhere easily axcesible get urself a wireless zone expander (risco) and u can put up 2 8 wireless zones on there including smoke detecters. very reliable wireless system and batterys last anything up to 2 years. the cpx has a built in speach dialler just connect the phone line turn the vocomm on and put ur numbers in (up 2 4) very easy when the alarm has an activation it will call u telling u which zone has been activated. hope my reply has helped u good luck!!! :)