Security Warehouse Support Forum

Adding a remote SAB to a Scantronic Home Link 55

philipjnash@sky.com

Hi,

I have a house and a detached garage, both currently covered by completely separate wired systems. There are separate Bell Boxes, one on the front of the house and one on the garage. As the house system has become faulty, I am about to replace both systems with 1 Homelink 55. I want to continue to have SABs on both buildings (with the flashing LEDs to prove that they're real). I could just power the unit on the garage (no wires other than power connect from house to garage) and hardwire it so that its just decorative, but wanted to have it operational. I've been looking at the information available and am confused.

Can I achieve what I want, i.e. remotely trigger the garage Sounder and Strobe when the panel activates the Sounder / Strobe on the house; with either a 962 2 channel receiver or a 770r WAM (the information for this explicitly states that allows for wireless connection of wired Sounders)?

Also, to give easy access to the garage without having to enter the house when returning home, I was planning to use a wireless fob, but want some form of sound / visual confirmation of the system being set okay from the drive when leaving from the garage (out of earshot of the internal sounder / speaker), whats the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

the wireless sounder unit will only work on the homelink 75. The homelink 55 is a hybrid panel and not all the wireless peripherals will work on it.

The only way to achive this with a conventional panel is to use a stand alone transmitter and reciever but you would need 2 sets to send triggers one way and the tamper back.

ID look at the visonic powermax plus or the homelink 75 as both will accept wireless sounders. But wireless sounders led's are not as bright.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't suggesting using the wireless sounder as I realised that its only works with the Homelink 75. I was going to trigger a standard SAB via a wireless signal (Telexecom Odyssey 1). But I can only do this :-

1) if the Homelink 55 can transmit a alarm trigger or alarm / strobe signal

and

2) I have a device (either the 2 channel receiver or WAM) listening for the signal, set up correctly and connected to the SAB appropriately.

So my question is can the Homelink 55 send the appropriate radio signals, and if so what equipment is appropriate to pick up the signal and activate the Sounder?

BTW - The reason for specifically selecting a hybrid system is that there are already wired detectors in the original house, but these do not extend into the extension or conservatory / office - both of which have solid floors and would be difficult / unsightly to wire too.  I plan to use wireless detectors or wired detectors connected to 4 channel transmitters / door contacts to provide space and perimeter cover, (as girlfriend wants large daft dog that will be too big for pet friendly PIRs etc) for night cover when the building is occupied.

Thanks again.

Phil

You will need a tranmitter ie

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_60&products_id=528

connected via a relay to your bell output.

and a

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_60&products_id=529

reciever.

You could also look at the risco versions. The idea is that both are standalone radio links and will follow the status of the relay in the panel.

Support