Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Advice for an Alarm System to Cover 3 room workshop

securitywarehouse

I am looking to alarm my workshop. It consists of 3 rooms currently with plans to add another room in the future. There are 2 up and over doors, 1 standard access door and 1 double split opening door. 2 of these doors will be entry points with a keypad located close by. Only one of the rooms has a window. There is a cat flap in one of the doors for pet access. I have been looking on your website and come up with the following list of products for the system based around a Honeywell Accenta G4 Mini panel. I chose this panel because of price and expandability. Can you tell me if all the items on the list below are compatible ? Is there anything missing from the list that I need to include ? Would you recommend against this system with a different one in mind ? Any advice gratefully received.

1 x ADE Honeywell Accenta Mini Gen4 with LCD Keypad

1 x Honeywell ADE LED Keypad for Optima G3/Gen4 or Accenta G3/Gen4

1 x Secware 12v 2.2A/h Value Alarm Battery

1 x Honeywell ActiveGuard AG6 External Siren Blue. Inc White Cover

1 x SECWARE 16 Ohm Internal Speaker

3 x Honeywell Activ8 PIR - Single Channel 18m Quad Element Pet PIR

1 x SECWARE A40 5 Terminal Flush Contact

4 x SECWARE D20 Surface Contact

1 x Secware 6 core Intruder Alarm Cable

Hi: Only personal opinion bit I would'nt fit standard Pet PIR's in a Workshop, Dual Tech would be preferable & you can get PET versions of these in store. You forgot your spur switch, pattress & 0.75mm 3 core for the mains connection.

Andy @ Amman Security

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't forget the spur switch, pattress & 0.75mm 3 core cable as I already have it. The Dual Tech PIR's. What benefits in the workshop would these give me over the ones I already have on the list. This is only a DIY workshop, not a business.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi: Looking at your post I thought it was a small commercial workshop you were talking about. I prefer to use Dualtechs as once set up properly they are less prone to false alarms if used in unheated & possibly damp workshops & at the end of the day they provide a higher level of protection. 1 thing you need to remember to do is to seal all cable entry holes, in your detectors to stop draught & bugs getting into the detector & causing problems. Other than that the system you chose seems pretty good.

Andy @ Amman Security