Security Warehouse Support Forum

Dimension dimensions

Tandyd

I am comparing the Galaxy Dimension with the G2-20 and G2-44 panels. Somewhat ironically, I cannot find the dimensions of the Dimension control panel box. Do you have this information (assume the GD-48 if other variants are larger)?

And can the the inputs on all three panels (G2-20, G2-44 and GD-48) be expanded through adding a card into the main control panel box or is it necessary to fit another box?

Thanks

Tim

The Dimension range are all in the same enclosure and it's pretty much the same as the G3 panels. 440x350x90. That's slightly shallower than the G2 range, but almost twice the size overall!

That means that there's plenty room in the Dimension enclosure for additional RIO/Ethernet modules and up to two 17Ah batteries :)

The G2 range has room for at least one RIO module when you fit a 7Ah battery. You could get more modules in there depending on how you mounted them. It would probably be a push with 4. Obviously, RF based modules need to be mounted outwith the metal enclosure in their plastic housings.

When mounting a RIO PCB inside the panel, you will have to link out the on-board tamper switch. I've seen this done with a cable tie before, but would advise that you do it properly and solder a wire link on the PCB.

If you plan to do more with your panel at a later stage Ie. Connect via computer. Then be aware that the G2 range has limited functionality compared to G3 and Dimension when connecting with the RSS software. This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the literature...

Cheers,