Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Help with a Veritas R8 please

securitywarehouse

Yes , its a straight swop of the main circuit board within the larger end panel.This will give you a factory fresh system with new user and engineer codes.If the engineer code has not been "locked in" then the panel can be defaulted back to factory settings , its all in the engineers manual.I'd recommend a new battery also.Regarding the bell , yes it will sound when the old panel is removed , but there are ways to deal with this , post back when you are ready.

Thanks for the reply; however - how does the engineers code become "locked in" and what can I do if it has been? How would I know? I assume an engineers manual you mention will come with the new panel?

Subject to this I am ready to install next week.

Hi , yes the new panel will come unlocked with default codes and will come with comprehensive user and engineer guides.

You cannot tell if your current panel is locked unless you try to default it.It will revert back to factory settings apart from the engineers code , so you will be able to use it , but not program it.The code is locked in engineer mode by selecting an option.Again , it may or may not be locked.