Security Warehouse Support Forum

Honeywell Accenta Mini G4 final set-up problems

slugmaster100

Hi,

I have just finished fitting a Honeywell Accenta Mini G4 with LCD control panel system to my house. I have got to the point of powering the system up and setting it up.

The manual says "check that the factory fitted links are connected to the terminals PA, TAMP and T-A. I have fitted it to PA, the TAMP connections are being used for the other sensors on the system, and the T-A terminals are wired to the Bell Box.

I then connect the mains power and the battery. The manual says there should be an audible indication, which there is. The 'power' light on the G4 main unit illuminates. The LCD keypad lights up and displays "Accenta G4 RKP F131-01-111". The 'power' light on the keypad does not illuminate. The backlight eventually goes off, but the screen display says the same. I have tried entering the user code, and the engineers mode code, but neither make any difference to what is displayed. I have fitted the cover to the main box and it still stays the same. I never get to the 'Tamper indication' screen. The PIRs are flashing and the status light in the bell box is flashing, so I assume there is at least some of the connections set up correctly!

Has anyone had this problem and can help me?

Thanks in advance, Richard.

First I would disconnect all wiring from the panel , connect the links , then power-up with just mains.If it powers up , you know your mains is connected , if the same fault appears , then wire the keypad direct to the panel with a short piece of cable , if it works now , then your keypad wiring is suspect.