Security Warehouse Support Forum

Replacing a Scantronic 500+ Control Panel

mike trx850

I have an existing system with a Scantronic 500+ control panel but have no instruction manual. I know the access code but I don't know the engineers code or anything else about it. I have replaced all the batteries in the system but have triggered the Tamper alarm and I don't know how to reset this.

If I replace the existing control panel with a new 500+ then:

1. Can I programme this with my own engineer code and entry code ?

2. Can I use my existing PIR's (Type 520r) and keypad (Type524r) ?

3. Does the instruction manual contain all the information I need to do the above ?

4. Is there a simpler solution to my problem ?

Thanks in anticipation of some good advice

Mike

It would be far easier to default the panel and reprogram to suit.All the info is in the Installer Guide.There are sites that will provide the manual and help you with any technical issues , ukpanels.com is one such site.

Apologies to mods if this info is inappropriate.

Sounds to me like you've not closed a cover fully..very temperamental on scantronic . just take a few minutes to check them all again... or better still what zone(s) are lit up showing tamper?

If non are showing, check front cover of panel, or siren if you've opened these.

Also if you replace the system with a new 500R depending on how old the current system is, it may not be compatible..(Check frequencies 418/433/868).

But if you get a new panel it will be on the 868 now... Having said that just been to look an their site and it's only showing data from 2008, and it says frequency is 433.. but all the ones i've fitted in the last 18 months have been 868.

Regards Dave

Many thanks for the replies guys.

I checked the covers as Dave suggested and managed to get it re-set except for Zone 5, but it is behaving erattically - lights on sometimes and then they disappear.

My boss has sent me away for a few days (work just gets in the way of important stuff) so I'll get back onto this towards the end of the week.

Mike