Security Warehouse Support Forum

Replace Eurosec keypad

Wudus

I need to install a Eurosec LCD RKP keypad to replace the existing keypad which is working but worn out (keys don't work very well). If I just remove the old one and connect the existing wiring to the equivalent connectors on the new one will everything just work as normal or will the system need to be reprogrammed?

I have now done the job so I can answer my own question in case it is of use to anyone else. It is a simple job that does not affect the existing alarm system settings. When the old keypad is removed a tamper alarm is triggered, as expected, so you may have to continue work through that noise. The new keypad can be screwed into the same holes as the old one and the connecting wires transfer exactly the same to the new keypad. The keypad immediately lights up after connection and the old code can be entered to silence the tamper alarm. Everything should then work as it did originally.