Security Warehouse Support Forum

Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 - Dual Functionality On Zones

stugster

Hey all,

I recently moved out of a house that had a Galaxy G2 system. I have recently bought a Flex 20 for the new house we've just moved to, and everything is now working as expected apart from one thing I can't get my head around.

On the old system, we had a Wireless Magnetic Sensor on the front door. This was set up so that when we Full Set the system, that Function was a FINAL zone. If we Night Set (or Part Set), the function was INTRUDER. This meant if the door was opened whilst in Night Set mode, an immediate alarm was triggered. If it was opened during full set, the entry time was triggered.

To set this up, we could go into Engineer mode, into the Zone, into the Function, and then set the function there. You'd set the Full Set function to Final, then hit ENT, and it would then ask for the Part Set function, and then the Night Set Function.

On the new Flex 20, I only seem to get the option for setting the Full set Function. I don't know how to tell the system what function I want the zone to be in whilst Night or Part set.

I know there are special Program Zones, such as "11 Part Final" which will operate as Final when full set, and Intruder when part. However, that means we have no way of managing zones we want to be Inactive.

For example, in the old configuration, we had a PIR upstairs. This was set as Full Set = Intruder, Part/Night Set = Not Active. Meaning we could walk around upstairs whilst the alarm was monitoring downstairs at night.

I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing, but if anyone can give me a heads up as to how to enable multi-function in zones like in the old Galaxy G2, that'd be ace!

Flex, Dimension G3 and classic Galaxy are a little different than the G2 in this respect. When programming the zone in menu 52, sub option 5 is selected to include the zone in part or night setting.

Use 'part final' zone type for the front door if you want instant alarm in part set, but this is not normally how I program domestic. The reason is that if someone is out of the house, say on a night out, and the people in the house set the alarm, then there's no entry timer trigger when the person comes home and opens the door. It's bells ringing at 2am...

stuart@sm-alarms.co.uk