Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] MiFare Reader

Secware2

I have a customer who is looking for a MiFare reader which will be able to pick up tokens from 50cm – 1m away. They simply require a reader, they have the tokens already and they do not need it to communicate with a controller, all they wish for is the beep to acknowledge token presence. Will one of the proximity readers you supply meet those requirements? 

From my research I’ve determined that HF RFID will give the range I’m seeking, do you have any products which will read passively (non-powered tokens too) at a distance of minimum 50cm?

All I would need for this is a beep to confirm the presence of the token, just detection of certain tokens.

The application is a med-range detector, like a metal detector but for passive RFID tags. 

Since MiFare will require active tokens, would HF basic RFID readers be able to detect non-powered tokens? There is no need for data transfer, simply detection of RFID tokens. 

Thanks