Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Pet immune ceiling detector

Secware2

Hi guys, I’m curently using a couple of Texecom RF 360 PIR sensors (from your good selves). I’ve had them in place for several years covering some common hall/landing areas, all good.

Last year I got a cat…

Even on pulse count=2 these sensors are not pet immune, and as a result I’ve had to stop arming the alarm, otherwise the cat will set off false alarms all the time. ?

I need to stick with 360 ceiling mounted sensors as the wiring is in place inside a finished ceiling. I have a little void, so I could potentially change from surface to recessed flush mounting if necessary…

Is there such a thing as a pet immune 360 ceiling PIR?  would perhaps a dual-tech sensor work better for me? – like the DT version of the same Texecom sensor?

2 hours ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

I'm not a fan of pet sensors anyway but I'm afraid I don't know of a ceiling detector. You can of course use a standard sensor with ceiling bracket. 

The best way in any system with pets is peremiter protection not space protection

Thanks, of course the system came long before there was any suggestion of pets...

Do you think a dual-tech sensor might work better than just IR ?

I'd not thought of putting a standard sensor in its place, - I'd no idea there were ceiling brackets for these sensors, but wouldn't the detection pattern be "off"..?

Cheers