Security Warehouse Support Forum

Selecting a new alarm system

Will

Hi All,

I have an old Siemens IC60 panel with 3 wired keypads, 3 wired sensors, plus some wireless stuff (Sensors, Smoke detectors, keyfobs etc..)

I also have some z-wave and 433 home automation stuff running under vera edge and domoticz.

I am looking to upgrade this to something more modern.

My main requirements:

- IP connectivity so I can monitor remotely

- 3 wired keypads

- Images / video on movement when armed - but want to avoid standard IP WIFI cameras inside my home.

- Easier to arm / disarm (RFID, keyfobs, Bluetooth proximity etc)

- Ability to view video / images without a phone - If I am in bed, and the alarm triggers, I want to see what triggered the system before I go and look

- As much wired as possible (I only use wireless if wired is too ugly)

- Pet safe

- Added bonus - Control my lights etc

- Budget ~£1k

I am considering the Honeywell flex with a touchcentre for the visualisation of images / videos

I was also looking at Simplisafe and Jablotron from the US - but these seem to be mostly wireless.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Will

Hi Will

The eaton stuff might be a good place to look

https://www.eaton.com/gb/en-gb/products/safety-security-emergency-communications/security-intruder-alarm-systems/secureconnect/build-a-system.html

also the new siemens (now vanderbilt) has most of what you want. There is also a an mqtt broker for that panel

There is a member on here that has an mqtt broker for the galaxy range using virtual rios etc.

Id avoid simplisafe its not a pro system, like yale etc. There are tonnes of vids on you tube on how to get around the security of these diy type panels