Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] GJD040 additional zones

Secware2

I have a 4 Zone Expansion Unit, GJD040 and a DygiZone enunciator and lots of Mini Opal PIRs. From one of your leaflets it shows 4 PIRS connected to each of 2 expansion Units. My GJD unit only seems to have provision for only 3 PIRs (A1,A2,A3). Is this correct or have I missed something? The two expansion units in the leaflet may have been Solitaire units. If 3 is the maximum can I double up? ie 2 PIRs in parallel? I realise the digizone will not be able to discriminate between the two but I guess it may work? If I was to purchase a second GJD040 can the two be connected together? How would the digizone handle Zones 5 and 6? Or would it be more sensible to have two separate 4 Zone systems? I currently have 4 zones, one for each side of the house and I now need to add two additional zones for a drive at the bottom of my garden and one for the rear of the garage. Could have combined these two additional zones into one of the existing but I would need to have 5 PIRs on one zone. Also you do not seem to have the Mini Opal GJD 332. Has it been replaced? If so what is the replacement? Can the Digizone be ordered as a separate item?

You can parallel your sensor to the relevant alarm connections. You can have more than 1 sensor per input but will only get global zone notifications etc. Alternatively you might consider using a multizone intruder panel that allows for much more inputs etc

2 hours ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

You can parallel your sensor to the relevant alarm connections. You can have more than 1 sensor per input but will only get global zone notifications etc. Alternatively you might consider using a multizone intruder panel that allows for much more inputs etc

I haven't seen a  multizone intruder panel . Can you give an example?

Ive specced the bigger versions of this before

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/security-control-panels-c-36_102/25-and-up-input-zone-large-c-36_102_104/siemens-32-zones-and-30-output-controller-spc4320-grade-2-p-2706.html

Allows web programming, app support etc. Very flexable bit of kit and the big ones can do anything, even interfacing with home assistant etc