Security Warehouse Support Forum

Ticket Question [ADE Informa speech dialler]

Secware

Well, the Honeywell ADE Informa speech dialler I bought is to replace the current AD2000 speech dialler that is not working any longer.

The speech dialler is to be connected to an Ademco 4204 relais module (with 4 relais) which in turn is getting its pulses from a Honeywell Vista 50P alarm system. So, basically, when there is an alarm in one of the 3 partitions I have in the alarm system (the Vista 50P), this triggers one of the relais in the Ademco 4204 which in turn triggers the speech dialler which then calls the phone of the home owner.

The problem is that the current AD2000 speech dialler is connected to the Ademco 4204 relais with two wires each while the Honeywell ADE Informa which I bought from you only has one port for one wire per partition. The instruction manual which is provided with the ADE Informa is too short and does not provide enough detail to know how I am to connect the two wires from the Ademco 4204 relais to the Honeywell ADE Informa.

OK, but how do I know what the 0V is?

In the instruction manual, there is only mention of four inputs: IP1, IP2 and IP3 (each one with one wire, for three partitions) and then a fourth one which is INH (the INH input does not inhibit alarms from IP1 but cancels the Follow Me number whenever the panel is unset). So, I don't see a 0V. Thanks for your further help!

The manual is assuming you are wiring to a transister output. As you are using relays thus is not in the manual. The input just requires a switched 0v. You can try this by using a short piece of wire and brrifly connecting from 0v to Input 1 if programmed correctly this will cause the unit to dial

Dear support, I propose that we call about this because it is difficult to get this clarified via a forum. My telephone number is +31 642 808 478. Alternatively, I can also call you.

From your explanation, it is not clear to me where the 0v is and where the input 1 is. I don't have that on the figures in the installation manual. So please let's have a call on this.

Super, thanks! A picture says more than a 1000 words. I'll give this a try. Thanks a million!!

On 3/3/2020 at 9:55 AM, Brichau said:

OK, can you please indicate which port that is using the figures of the manual of the Informa speech dialler? There is in the instruction manual no clear mention of 0V in the text nor in the figures. Please advise. Thanks!