Security Warehouse Support Forum

Ticket Question [UL approved device]

Secware

Hi,

We are looking for a UL approved device and the Honeywell unit does not have that, please see my full specification below

Our application calls for motion detection within a space (floor area of max 6mx4m) mounted at a height of nominally 2.5 – 3m with angle and rotational adjustment to optimise operation. Hence the request for the Bosch mounting bracket.
We only require a single relay contact for detection of motion. (switching duty 24Vdc at < 10mA)
PIR supply 24vdc operation preferred if possible, if not 12Vdc operation is OK.
This application is for the US market and UL approval is specified. Hence the initial request for the Bosch PIR.
Tamper facility is not necessary, however if fitted is OK.
Pet facility is not necessary. However if fitted is OK.

Please can you advise if you can supply a PIR to suit from your available stock.
Many thanks your assistance with this.

No other than the spec in the original query above, i.e) floor area (6m x 4m), elevation (2.5 - 3m),  single volt free contact switching on motion detection, adjustment in 2 planes, 24Vdc operation preferred, 24Vdc switching on the contact, UL approval.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:41 AM, Barry said:

No other than the spec in the original query above, i.e) floor area (6m x 4m), elevation (2.5 - 3m),  single volt free contact switching on motion detection, adjustment in 2 planes, 24Vdc operation preferred, 24Vdc switching on the contact, UL approval.

Optex detectors are UL tested, but dont have adjustment (unsure why this is needed) but could use a bracket. Also IIRC the takex units are UL too

James

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked for the Optex variants but have drawn a blank for the criteria I am looking for could you possible advise of a specific part number or range please.

I cannot find any UL approved takex types.

Appreciate your help with this.