Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Accenta G4 Tamper Fault Lockout

Secware2

hi I have an accenta G4 which I purchased from you a while ago I never completed the installation due to illness, but now after a break in I decided to complete the installation. I have got to the point of setting up program but I get tamper fault lockout, I have checked all cabling and have even put link wires on all tamper circuits even the one on the lcd keypad. but I still get the same message. I have also made sure the panel spring is pressed, I have done a complete factory restore but still the same. do you have any ideas for me to try ? I am happy to replace the panel if it's faulty but I don't wish to waste money if it is something else. thanks in advance

• 2 years later...

Hi,

It sounds as if I have pretty much exactly the same problem, and it would be great to know how this was resolved for the guy above!

I have an Accenta G4 installed at home, and after doing some work to re-run some of the cabling in a neater way it now always gives me a tamper lockout whenever power is applied.  These are the things I have tried:

• I have checked the tamper circuits on all the sensors and the control panel, and none of them measure more than 15 Ohms, and the tamper circuit in total is 51 Ohms.
  • When I close the cover on the panel I can hear a 'click' so I think the microswitch is working.
  • Shorting the tamper connections on the board (the 'tamp' terminals) with a wire link in place of the tamper circuit

This has me a bit stumped, so if you have any suggestions for other things I could check they would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Nick

Thankyou, I traced the bell tamper and that has sorted the fault.

Having got the tamper sorted, on the same system I am having a problem with the door contact and any ideas you have to help with that as well that would great.

The door used to have a surface mounted Honeywell contact, and one of the changes I made was to swap that for a flush contact hidden in the doorframe (part is CQR FC508/WH).  When I test the output from contact back at the panel with a multimeter is it fine; reads 2 Ohms with the door closed and then open circuit with the door opened.  However when I connect it to the panel it doesn't respond normally.

On walk test mode the panel usually shows the door contact open even when the door is closed (and the terminals read low impedance).  Once or twice on walk test it has responded correctly, but when the system is next power cycled it then went back to the same problem.  I have tried bridging the terminals on the panel with a bit of wire and the response to that is totally normal.

Because both the contact and the panel seem to operate normally I do wonder if this might be interference of some kind, but beyond that can't think of anything else to try.  Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,

Nick