Security Warehouse Support Forum

Pyronix Enforcer Options

mrsmith1000

Hi all.

Looking to install a Pyronix Enforcer system in a holiday home in rural France.  As it's oversee's some form of remote monitoring would be preferred.  My current limitations are as follows:

No Phoneline

No broadband - although this will change in the next 6 months.

Therefore I was looking at the Enforcer Kit with the GSM module.

However, I have noticed that there is also the home control version which can be controlled via app.  Wanting to future proof the system as much as possible given that I will get broadband at some point I was wondering if I get a standard GSM enforcer kit now, will I be able to upgrade to the home control version via module upgrade or will the systems not be compatible.

If I am to buy the enforcer GPRS home control system, will this also work with wifi once installed.

Have called a few suppliers and to say the info being conflicting would be an understatement.

Many thanks in advance

Alistair

If you buy the standard Enforcer now it cannot be upgraded with Homecontrol+ later on.

If you buy Homecontrol+ now with a GPRS module you will get the first year of data included. Providing there is a decent GPRS signal that's all you'll need.

When you have broadband in 6 months you can upgrade to an Ethernet module and plug a cable into your router but you won't be able to upgrade to WiFi as the options aren't available yet. This is due in January when version 2.1 is released. However you could use the Ethernet Module and a separate WiFi Bridge if you know how to set it up.