Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question]Ventcroft Classic With Veritas Compact 8

Secware

I purchased a Ventcroft Compact Classic Sounder form you recently. Having fitted it though I cannot get the strobe to operate. Everything else operates as it should. I already retrned on but have the same issue with this one. Its connected to a Veritas Compact 8 panel. I have checked and do get 12volts across STB- and 12v+ hold off. Is there anything particular with this panel that I am unaware of.

Hi, Thanks for your response. There is no Stb+ termintal at the panel.  Connecting only 12v and 0v to the strole produces no output. Is it the case that this new panel is also faulty.  This is the second panel with this fault.

Id be suprised to have 2 in a row. It may be worth us checking if there is a batch fault.

Every other part of the bell is functioning?

If it is and you have connected 0v to the strobe trigger and verfied there is voltage there then id say you must have. Thats why i think we should check the manufacturer isnt aware of a batch issue

Hi, Every other part of the bell is functioning as it should.  I did connect 0v to the strobe and confirmed i has 12v present but the strobe did not respond. To double check the strobe output from the box I connected its cable to the bell and the bell operated.

Can I ask that you check with the manufacturers and let me know how i can move forward with this.  Thanks again.

Manufacturer advise:

First thing to test is the integrity of the sounder and strobe cabling and connections.

• Put the multi meter to dc voltage and at the panel measure between 12v and strb, the reading should be 0v.
  • With the multi meter still on dc voltage at the panel measure between 12v and strb, do a strobe test (option 05 (2)) the reading should be 12v.

If the strb output changes to 12 v the panel is fine.

• Put the multi meter to dc voltage and at the sounder measure between 12v and strb, the reading should be 0v.
  • With caution and the multi meter still on dc voltage at the sounder measure between 12v and strb, do a strobe test (option 05 (2)) the reading should be 12v and the strobe should flash.

If the strobe does not flash and you are confident all the cabling is correct it may be a faulty sounder.

There are no batch problems with the control panels. If the customer has two faulty units I would like them back for testing.