Security Warehouse Support Forum

Cooper Scantronic 9651 Issues

scrumpyjim

Hi All,

I have just moved into a new (8 year old) house that has a 9651 alarm. I wanted to change some upstairs lights only to find when I turned the lighting circuit off the alarm started sounding. On further inspection, the alarm system shares the same power circuit as the upstairs lighting. I then tried disconnecting the batteries in the alarm control box and that just sent the alarm crazy again.

Is there anyway this system can be put into a "engineer mode" ie can I turn the power off without the alarm sounding?.

I have tried the alarm installation company but they can't help over the phone (suppose for security reasons) but are wanting silly money to come out?

Thanks for any help

There will be an engineer code, but it will be held by the alarm installer, and we wouldn't be able to give out the factory code, which will have now been over written on a public forum.

If your battery is fully charged, it should keep the Control panel powered for around 8 hours while you do any electrical work you are qualified/compent to complete.

As you say the alarm sounded when the power was removed that would imply the battery in the panel is flat/depleted