Security Warehouse Support Forum

Powermax 10 With Gsm

accounts3

Hi

I have a powermax 10 with a GSM link we bought right before Christmas. Up until a couple of months ago, it cannot receive SMS commands any more.

At first I thought it was something with teh phone operator, and I have been in contact with them. But now I think it might have to do with the GSM module. I'm not sure.

The strange thing is that it will send SMS messages, because I receive status reports and auto test messages and such.

And if I arm it manually on the display, I will get an SMS. However if I reply to it and say STATUS and my code, I never get any replies and nothing happens.

Please advise. What can I do to trouble shoot it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi again

Now i've made a factory reset. Still the same problem though. Will not respond to sms messages.

One strange thing I noticed after the factory reset, I did get a tamper alert via sms sent to me, BEFORE I even entered the sim pin code in the settings.

IF i do a gsm/gprs diagnosis I will get an IP -error. I'm not sure I need gprs connection (I don't want it to hook up to any alarm central anyway, I'm only interested in private reports) but there are settings in the apn server, username and password:

Wlapn.com

Visonic

Visonic

Should I delete them?

What can I do now to troubleshoot?

Regards

Björn

Thanks for you reply!

I'll try filling in the APN info from my provider, but it's strange. I though APN is only applicable when it comes to gprs, and I'm not using GPRS at all, only private reporting via sms, and I want to use remote Access via sms.

Right now, I get sms messages from the alarm, but it won't respond to my sms requests such as DISARM, AWAY or STATUS that i try to send to it.

Does it need apn info to do that? It has worked before and I'm pretty sure I've never added any such info.

Regards

-Björn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many codes do you have programmed in the system?

Have you tried using your high level code?

Have you tested all user codes programmed in?

I can only suggest a factory default and reprogram. I cannot see it can be a faulty module as it appears to be working.

Id also suggest putting the sim in a phone and checking it can recieve sms messages correctly