Security Warehouse Support Forum

Mini Opal Cover Screw, Voice Recording, Pir Setup

Ken_Burgess

Have just installed a 4 zone controller, DygiZone (GJD910) and expansion panel (GJD040) with 7 Mini Opal external PIRs (GJD 332).

1. During the installation and initial setting of the PIR’s I had to remove each cover several times.

Some of the PIR’s retained their Hex retaining screw with a plastic washer but quite a few them fell out. Inevitably with such a small screw I managed to lose 2 of them. Is it possible to get hold of replacement screws and washers through security warehouse? If not do you have the specification? I could do with at least 6.

1. I have also recorded a voice message for each lighting zone but the quality of the recording isn’t very good. Sounds like a world war 2 pilot in a Lancaster bomber. Is it faulty or is there a technique for achieving a higher quality recording. I.E. how close should you be from the microphone etc.

1. Any advice you can offer for setting up the PIR’s to cover set distances and areas would be helpful. Each PIR is mounted at 2.8 meters above ground and look down the sides of the house, 3 of the zones have 2 PIR’s and point towards each other. The surrounding area is fairly flat. The distance to the boundaries is: rear 8.25m, side garden 6.15m, front 6.8m, forth side 2m to neighbours house.

Order Numbers: 20215, 26831

Regards

Ken

I have also recorded a voice message for each lighting zone but the quality of the recording isn’t very good. Sounds like a world war 2 pilot in a Lancaster bomber. Is it faulty or is there a technique for achieving a higher quality recording. I.E. how close should you be from the microphone etc.

If you are too close it will distort. I would advise about 12".

Any advice you can offer for setting up the PIR’s to cover set distances and areas would be helpful. Each PIR is mounted at 2.8 meters above ground and look down the sides of the house, 3 of the zones have 2 PIR’s and point towards each other. The surrounding area is fairly flat. The distance to the boundaries is: rear 8.25m, side garden 6.15m, front 6.8m, forth side 2m to neighbours house.

Unfortunatly while you can approximate settings it is best to fully walk test. Bear in mind you may get a small amount of creep in colder weather so set them up just inside the boundry rather than right upto it.

I have asked sales to look into your screws.